Feb 27, 2012

here we go, gettin' all political...

I try to stay involved in politics in small ways...staying informed not only locally, but nationally. I have gone round and round with the primaries this year, and have changed my mind as many times as the rest of the republican party has. I have tried to keep up with all the candidates in the race and have scoured over positives and negatives of each. So many positives to each one is making the choice tough.

I am trying to narrow it down to what our country needs right now for a solid foundation to rebuild on, and I want to vote for the candidate that can actually deliver that. I truly believe that any of the four republican candidates would and could bring positive change to certain things. and would be happy with any of the four as president...(maybe not ron paul yet, actually. I wish he were a little younger and could be around once our foreign affairs get more stable...I am keeping an eye on his congressman son who has many things in common with his dad ;)

I have always seen Mitt Romney as a guy who gets stuff done, maybe I don't always agree with everything he gets done, but he GETS it done.

I never saw this commercial and happened upon it today....the story behind it shows what kind of character he has.

He closed up his business for a week...took all the employees to New York to search for this missing 14 year old girl. He also utilized local businesses that were connected to Bain Capital, Hired private investigators and vowed not to stop until she was found. She was found a week later, and medical personal said that a day or two later she might not have been alive. Of all the things I have heard about each of the candidates that has been impressive, this has to be the most impressive.

1 comment:

hdknowles said...

I saw that on Facebook a few weeks ago. Speaks volumes about his character I think. Did you know that Ellen McGraw is good friends with the Romneys? I saw her interviewed on TV when they were running in SC.