Jan 31, 2012

1 down, 59 more to go!

first haircut, CUTE, First Tooth, ADORABLE! First step, Super EXCITING!

First time behind the wheel.....NONE of the above!

I love my little guy, but I DO NOT love that I have 59 more hours left of teaching him how to drive..

.hats off to my mother in law, and to Wanda for dealing with this for Dale and I. I can remember driving on my 16th birthday to the restaurant for dinner. My foster dad sat in the back of the van, what I thought was him pretending to freak out and pretending to throw up...I! realize only now that those were very real feelings. What a nightmare this is, and Shawn is my most careful and responsible child, I definately do not look forward to any of the others learning to drive..


I do not like this, I say
I did not like this today
I do not like it in a parking lot
I do not like him missing the spot,
I do not like it in a car
I do not like it, going far
I do not like this at all
and I can't wait till it's over, in the fall!


6 comments:

Cindy said...

It was not fun with anyone.
I did not like it with a son.
I did not like it with a daughter.
I hope their driving does not falter.
I'm just so glad that I am done.
As I said, "It was NOT fun."

Higleys said...

Lovely poetry. Jason WILL be the one to teach driving. I don't think I can do it.

hdknowles said...

Oh those Kelley women - how they must love Dr. Seuss!

Denise said...

Wow, you guys are really poets!

Michelle said...

You know about Josh's driving lessons, right?? I am sure you and Jen can compare stories when all this is said and done. :) Good luck.
Dad was always the driving teacher for the kids in our house, but was too sick when it was time for me to learn. Mom didn't do quite as well (gripping the door handle and stomping the imaginary brake on the passenger side), so I had friends to help and older sisters. Hope things will smooth out, and I really hope telephone poles are NOT involved...as was sadly the case for Josh.

Child Family said...

Hahaha. I totally feel your pain! I was told that you can get a brake control on the passenger side for around $1000. I am seriously considering it when it's time for Erin to drive. And a car magnet that says "Student Driver".