Oct 4, 2011

It's great to be 8!

In our family, a very special birthday party happens at 4, 8, 12 and 16 years old. With each of my children, 8 has been extra special. They were all baptized and then celebrated the day with as many friends and family as possible.

The day Greg was baptized was bitter sweet. I couldn't have been more proud of his decision to be baptized, but sad that my youngest is already 8! Time has gone much to quickly with these sweet kids. It feels like we were just celebrating Shawn's 8th birthday and baptism!


I am so proud of each of my children and Greg is no exception. He is so sweet, loving, kind, animated, bright, active and pure pleasure to be around!

Our local baptismal font is not working, and in an effort to keep his baptism close, he was baptized in our pool. It was cold, rainy and cloudy, but I didn't hear a word of complaint from him (or Dale!) They patiently waited in the chilly water for everyone to make their way down to the pool.



A few hours after the ordinance was performed, and services concluded, Greg celebrated his 8th birthday. Many family and friends joined in the fun.


tricking Greg with trick candles (he loves a good joke)...my experience has taught me that blowing trick candles out requires a "personal" cake to avoid contaminating the "community" cake.

I feel like a chapter in my life has concluded. I am humbled when I think not only of each of my children choosing to be baptized, but of the incredible support they each received from family and friends on their special days. Thank you all so much for giving them so much support and helping them to know that they are part of something far greater than themselves. I cannot express enough how grateful I am to all the support we received for each one of them!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Yay, Greggy! How cool is it to be baptized in your own pool! I can't believe you don't have any little kids anymore. Maybe you need a nice trip up north to hang out with some active little boys in your near future???